Sunday, November 18, 2007

Employers Study Applicants' Personalities

I found this article to be very interesting because I actually find it comforting that there are companies out there that care about how well their employees fit within the "company culture." I think that as a college student, I have been subjected to one of the major "weeding out" most people go through in life and I think it's something that is not to be taken personally. True, it stinks if you don't get a job because the person interviewing you didn't think you'd fit well within the company because of your personality, but honestly, you're probably better off not working there. I've watched my mom stay in a job where the people she worked with were some of the worst co-workers you could ever ask for and it not only negatively affected her work but also the quality of her life. I think it's a shame that my mom had to go through this but perhaps if her boss was more selective about who got hired then it wouldn't be so difficult for my mom to get up and go to work every morning. I guess it's easy for me to say this now, as I've never truly been completely rejected from a job, but I hope that in the future when I do have job interviews and potentially get turned down, I can keep a good attitude about it and realize that it wasn't meant to be and that when one door closes somewhere another opens. I also hope that I will find a job that I enjoy going to every morning, both for the work as well as the people who I work with.

No comments: