Sunday, September 16, 2007

10 Years From Now...YIKES!

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about projecting my future. Some part of me knows exactly what I want and where I want to be while another part of me is scared to even begin to “plan” things out.

In an ideal world, I will be a registered architect 10 years from now. I don’t know if I necessarily want to be practicing architecture but being registered leaves me with options. I’d love to own an antique shop or restaurant that I designed myself. If I do own my own practice 10 years from now, I imagine it will be a small firm. Hopefully I’d have a partner to help with the workload. I would like to do small projects - I'm not very interested in the big, commercial projects.

I’d like to be married and settled down (to a certain extent)…in other words, I’d like to be able to pick up and move if a better opportunity happened to come along. Kids are definitely somewhere in the picture…just not sure where, yet.

I don’t really know where I’d like to live. Anywhere but where I’m from. Ha! I love going home but I don’t want to live there for the rest of my life. I wouldn't mind being in a small town that's not too far from a fairly large city. I want to be traveling with my husband and kids. I'd love to go back to Barcelona - I loved it so much while I was studying there and there's no place like it. Maybe sometime in the next 10 years I can do some sort of work abroad program. I'm also very interested in South America so perhaps I could work and study and travel down there for a while.

This is a really difficult blog for me. There are so many unknowns in my life right now that it's hard for me to project past this semester even. A lot of where I'll be in 10 years depends heavily on when I get into graduate school. So, ask me in April...then I can at least tell you where I'll be in a year.

No comments: